2020, a year of global disruption and toilet roll shortage, polarised views and extreme business winners and losers. Many people and industries have been hit hard by the pandemic, regardless of talent, location or background. There has been no mercy or discrimination shown by COVID-19.
However, in among the news of crashing stock markets and collapsing economies, there have been pockets of opportunity across eCommerce, logistics, online entertainment, and medical supplies such as PPE. Many industries and businesses have learnt to adapt. From local coffee shops turning their hand to deliveries, to fitness trainers continuing to motivate their clients with online sessions.
Businesses have been forced to change their business models in order to survive under the ‘new normal’. COVID-19 has expedited the digital transformation for many businesses and organisations worldwide, and made boldly clear that the current level of market disruption favours new business ideas that:
- Offer tangible, time, energy or effort saving solutions to existing and new problems.
- Improves quality of life in any form and across the living ecosystem at home, work and everything in between.
- Is fun, engaging and a welcome distraction. Not all ideas need be functional – our mental health and awareness is more important now than ever.
- Gives people access to products and services previously not available, or easily available to them.
- Aligns with underlying goals of society and governments, such as reducing emissions, fatalities and suffering.
With the digital age we live in, it has never been easier to grasp the opportunities that present themselves to us. 2021 will be the year for starting afresh, with new ideas and improvements to traditional ‘old world’ businesses around the globe.
Your next idea could be the game changer you’re looking for, that the world is looking for. Let 2021 be the year you make it happen. If you’re looking for real business partners who can help get your idea from sketch to startup business, create your free profile and project listing at www.sweqlink.com – exchange equity for talent to make ideas happen.